Extrusion operator/tool-room attendant
Tool room/extrusion operator with a mechanical aptitude; responsible to ensure optimum quality, review production reports and ensure objectives are ascertained in a team environment. Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Operate an extrusion process of high precision custom plastic profiles.
- Initial line setup and change overs following posted schedule.
- Responsible for detailed completion of all on line, QC and production data reporting.
- Blend materials and load hoppers to meet product specifications and order needs.
- Perform a variety of mechanical and physical testing required per product specification and quality assurance using calipers and other measurement processes.
- Maintain and repair extrusion line equipment, tools and work area as scheduled or as needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in all work areas through 5S and LEAN manufacturing methods.
- Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operational efficiency and safety metrics.
Tool room focus
- Receive, store, return and issue various hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials and other industrial equipment as needed or requested.
- Prepare and complete periodic inventory counts on all tools and equipment.
- Responsible for stock requisitions to replenish any inventory needed.
- Ensure all shop machinery and equipment are in proper working condition.
- Responsible for reporting all damages or any wear and tear to tools, materials and equipment.
- Evaluate, monitor and maintain storage and tooling so the optimum production performance is achieved.
- Maintain proper documentation of all equipment.
- Assist in changeovers and setups on the production line.
- Maintain tooling in a state of readiness for upcoming changeovers.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tooling.
- Identify and issue prompt equipment malfunction, material, and safety and quality issues to supervisor.
- Use of computer and ERP inventory management system to follow the company processes.
- Comply with company personnel and safety policies; and good manufacturing practices.
- Contribute in special projects and assignments as directed by supervisory personnel.
Your required qualifications:
- 2 years’ experience as an extrusion operator
- Mechanical background required. Experience working with plastic extrusion equipment, precision measurement devices or computerized control systems preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Tow motor experience
- Mathematical aptitude
- Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Experience with quality control; ISO experience preferred
- Prior participation in a Six Sigma or Lean Project a plus
- Possess a commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented individual
- Shift flexible and a dedicated individual that is able to support multiple processes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Entrepreneurial nature: self-directed, goal-oriented, customer focused
- Reliable and punctual individual
- Dedicated team player with a willingness to learn new processes
- Ability to create solutions to address production and efficiency related issues
- Prior project experience preferred
- We offer you a diverse range of tasks in a dynamic team and personal as well as specialized development possibilities in a growth oriented company.
- Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and educational background that includes salary, annual variable compensation, health insurance plans, 401K, paid holidays and vacation.
- Provides a model for flexible work time to create a work-life balance.
Send your application
Please send your full application to the following:
1755 Enterprise Parkway
stephen [dot] berardinelli [at] technoform [dot] com
Are you interested?
If you have any questions or would like to apply, send us a message.