Extrusion operator/tool-room attendant
Tool room/extrusion operator with a mechanical aptitude; responsible to ensure optimum quality, review production reports and ensure objectives are ascertained in a team environment. Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Operate an extrusion process of high precision custom plastic profiles.
- Initial line setup and change overs following posted schedule.
- Responsible for detailed completion of all on line, QC and production data reporting.
- Blend materials and load hoppers to meet product specifications and order needs.
- Perform a variety of mechanical and physical testing required per product specification and quality assurance using calipers and other measurement processes.
- Maintain and repair extrusion line equipment, tools and work area as scheduled or as needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in all work areas through 5S and LEAN manufacturing methods.
- Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operational efficiency and safety metrics.
Tool room focus
- Receive, store, return and issue various hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials and other industrial equipment as needed or requested.
- Prepare and complete periodic inventory counts on all tools and equipment.
- Responsible for stock requisitions to replenish any inventory needed.
- Ensure all shop machinery and equipment are in proper working condition.
- Responsible for reporting all damages or any wear and tear to tools, materials and equipment.
- Evaluate, monitor and maintain storage and tooling so the optimum production performance is achieved.
- Maintain proper documentation of all equipment.
- Assist in changeovers and setups on the production line.
- Maintain tooling in a state of readiness for upcoming changeovers.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tooling.
- Identify and issue prompt equipment malfunction, material, and safety and quality issues to supervisor.
- Use of computer and ERP inventory management system to follow the company processes.
- Comply with company personnel and safety policies; and good manufacturing practices.
- Contribute in special projects and assignments as directed by supervisory personnel.
Your required qualifications:
- 2 years’ experience as an extrusion operator
- Mechanical background required. Experience working with plastic extrusion equipment, precision measurement devices or computerized control systems preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Tow motor experience
- Mathematical aptitude
- Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Experience with quality control; ISO experience preferred
- Prior participation in a Six Sigma or Lean Project a plus
- Possess a commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented individual
- Shift flexible and a dedicated individual that is able to support multiple processes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Entrepreneurial nature: self-directed, goal-oriented, customer focused
- Reliable and punctual individual
- Dedicated team player with a willingness to learn new processes
- Ability to create solutions to address production and efficiency related issues
- Prior project experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- We want the team members to actively challenge the status quo, identifying and pursuing solutions and new initiatives. There are no limitations on what you can explore, lead or achieve. A true self-starter perspective.
- You will be exposed to various areas of the business like participating in team strategic goals to understanding the financial statements and its impact.
- Flat structure
- We believe in the strength and power of cohesive teams to make decisions to tackle challenges. Our structure is all about transparency and open communication.
- Innovation and growth
- We are always striving to generate new ideas and grow our business, largely through investing for the future. A wide network of experts will help you expand your know-how and competencies.
- We offer you a diverse range of tasks in a dynamic team setting that will help you to identify and gain experience in your area of interest.
- Global networking
- We have a global presence and frequently interface with our colleagues to stay on the cutting edge. There are abundant opportunities for all employees to engage internationally.
- Work life balance
- We consider our team to be a family. We maintain a flexible workplace environment, providing the platform for employees find a balance between personal and work responsibilities.
- Compensation and benefits
- We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package based on experience and educational background that includes salary, annual variable compensation, health insurance plans, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and more.
Send your application
Please send your full application to the following:
1755 Enterprise Parkway
stephen [dot] berardinelli [at] technoform [dot] com
Are you interested?
If you have any questions or would like to apply, send us a message.