Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. It explains why and how we collect your personal data, how we protect it and for how long we keep it. We keep your data as securely as is reasonably possible and protect it against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access, and we treat your personal data subject to strict compliance with applicable data protection legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’).
This Privacy Notice has been prepared as a Q&A (‘Questions & Answers’) list.
1 Who will process my personal data?
The data controller of your personal data is NV TECHNOFORM, to whom your application has been submitted (hereinafter referred to as ‘TECHNOFORM’):
Technoform Insulation Solutions Belgium SA, Avenue des Artisans 12, 7822 Ghislenghien, 0789.507.645.
The data processor is HRWeb Solutions BV, Ikaroslaan 15, 1930 Zaventem, België, 0807.855.293.
2 For what purpose and on what legal basis is my personal data processed?
The purpose for which your personal data is processed is to register your application for employment in our company and, if this application leads to the start of a selection process, a profile of you will be created, which means that TECHNOFORM will process all of the necessary data required to be able to assess your application for the purpose of potential recruitment. This assessment may also include an assessment by an external party (‘assessment’).
The processing of your personal data is therefore necessary to be able to take measures before entering into a contract of employment, and it is in TECHNOFORM’s legitimate interests to assess your application before making an offer of employment.
In the event of a positive assessment and decision to recruit you, we will also use your personal data to draw up the contract of employment.
In the event of a decision not to recruit you, in the legitimate interests of TECHNOFORM we will retain your personal data for a specified period (see point 7), in particular in order to be able to contact you in the future if any future opportunities should match your profile.
3 Which categories of personal data will be processed?
Personal data includes all information that relates to you or on the basis of which you may be identified.
Anonymous data, without any possibility of identifying you, is not therefore considered to be personal data.
For the purposes set out above, the processing of personal data includes:
- standard information relating to your identity (surname, first name(s), address, national registration number, etc.);
- personal data (place and date of birth, nationality, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, hobbies and interests, etc.);
- your photo if you provide it to us voluntarily (e.g. included in your CV);
- data relating to your professional experience (profile, data about former employers, termination of the most recent positions of employment and the work performed, special projects, etc.) including a check on references if you have provided references in your CV;
- data relating to your education (degrees, certificates, internships, special training courses, etc.);
- knowledge of languages;
- where applicable, whether or not you have a work and/or residence permit for the European Economic Area (EEA);
- any other personal data that you provide to us in connection with your application, in your CV or covering letter, in connection with holding the position;
- digital assessment using the internet (presence on social media), to the extent that any such presence is publicly accessible to us;
- any other personal data (other than the aforementioned) required to be processed by law.
4 Where does your personal data come from?
In the first instance, TECHNOFORM collects personal data about you from you yourself or from other third parties to which you have referred us in order to receive personal data. Some personal data may also be automatically generated by TECHNOFORM’s IT system, such as internal reference numbers.
5 Who will have access to my personal data?
Your personal data may be communicated to your intended managers, the HR department, the IT department for employment, administrative and management purposes as set out above and this shall be done on a strictly ‘need-to-know’ basis.
In the event that an external assessment is required for a specific position, your data will be passed on to the third party responsible for this assessment. TECHNOFORM always requests the necessary guarantees relating to the protection of your personal data.
The confidentiality of your personal data is guaranteed.
6 Will my personal data be transferred outside of my country of residence?
TECHNOFORM does not transfer its staff personal data to countries outside Europe.
7 Will TECHNOFORM use automated decision-making?
Automated decision-making is defined as decisions about individuals based solely on automated data processing and having legal effects or significantly affecting the individuals concerned.
As a principle, TECHNOFORM states that it does not use automated decision-making, as described above. TECHNOFORM does not base its decision on whether or not to employ you, whether to promote you or for any other reason relating to HR solely on automated data processing of your personal data.
8 For how long will my personal data be stored?
Your personal data will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes stated above.
If the application does not result in an employment relationship, your personal data will be stored for one year after the end of the recruitment process for the purposes set out above.
9 What rights can I invoke in connection with the processing of my personal data by TECHNOFORM?
You are entitled to contact TECHNOFORM at any time with a request for:
- Inspection of your personal data. This also includes the right to request a copy.
- Correction of your personal data including supplementing incomplete data if it is not accurately updated;
- To have your personal data erased as soon as there is no (longer) a legitimate reason to process it;
- To transfer your personal data (= to be obtained in a structured, popular and machine-readable format) insofar as we process it in an automated manner on the basis of our contract of employment (‘Contract’) and insofar as this does not affect the rights and freedoms of others, such as your colleagues or TECHNOFORM itself;
- Restriction of data processing if you would like to contest the processing or the accuracy of the processed data or if you wish to retain specific personal data for the purpose of a possible legal claim while TECHNOFORM no longer needs it in the light of the purposes stated under point 2.
You have the right at any time to object to processing operations for which TECHNOFORM would have relied on legitimate interests in point 2. TECHNOFORM will then cease processing unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for continued data processing.
You also have the right - if you believe that TECHNOFORM has not acted in accordance with data protection legislation - to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority of the state in which you reside, work or where the alleged infringement was committed.
You can always contact us if you would like more information about the processing of your data, your rights or clarification of this notice. You can send them to the HR department, info [dot] be [at] technoform [dot] com.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time, within the limitations of the applicable privacy and data protection regulations. The most current version can be consulted by e-mailing info [dot] be [at] technoform [dot] com.